Wednesday, June 8, 2016
When 90 seconds isn't enough - My America's Got Talent thoughts
What an amazing life-altering opportunity! Last night was an incredible moment for my whole family!!!!
I was not sure what parts of my interview were going to air and what parts were not. You kind of just take a deep breath and hope for the very best! I'm so impressed with America's Got Talent as a whole. Every producer and employee have been so amazing. They made the process totally enjoyable.
I think when you bring up anything up related to Christianity, you're going to get opinions that range from extremely positive to really negative.
People need to realize that you will not get out a full story in 90 seconds. So I would love to share a couple things that may ease your mind. Based on comments I've read I'd like to clear the air.
* I specifically said the industry took my records off the shelves and radio stations pulled the songs. I did not say it was my labels issue. I've had stores come forward in the last 24 hours and apologize for doing so.
* When you can't sell product or get air play, there is not much a label can do to promote you.
* I obviously don't mean every single Christian is bad or mean to me.
* I hope we're on for many episodes so you can hear the full story turn around and how grace can be found for everyone.
* I was married immediately after I found out I was pregnant to make the situation "right"....as we know, marriage is not the answer if the person is indeed not right for you.
* I do believe with ministry related setbacks, you need to take a break and gain wisdom/accountability from mentors.
* That being said, the truth is, I wasn't given a full opportunity to have a restoring moment because many called it quits on me.
* Getting pregnant does not make you a whore. Duh.
* My life is super messy so it can be easy to get it mixed up. I've made some bad decisions in my life that took over a decade to get out of. However, God's grace is bigger than anything.
I LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you for your support and love in all of this. I'm so excited for the next steps.